Dr. George Hess, Director
Music Technology, Music Theory, Jazz and Pedagogy
George Hess is an educator, author, performer and composer with over 40 years of professional experience with over 25 years as professor of music at major universities.
- Author of Create Music with Notion: Notation for the Busy Musician (2015, Hal Leonard)
- Professor of Music at Central Michigan University and the National University of Singapore
- Apple Distinguished Educator
- Award-winning educator in jazz, technology, theory and pedagogy
- Graduate of prestigious jazz programs at Berklee and Northern Colorado
- Producer of MuseScore in Minutes video series
- Groove 3 video library producer
- Performances with the Osmonds, Myron Floren, Ryo Kawasaki, Jim Nabors
- Over 100 clinics and workshops presented on four continents.
Dr. Kimberly McCord
Special Music Ed, Jazz, Pedagogy
- Author of Accessing music: Using UDL to enhance student learning in the general music classroom (2014) Alfred Music. Exceptional Pedagogy for Children with Exceptionalities (2016) Oxford.
- Grants from the Kennedy Center, Apple and the MacArthur Foundation to study children with disabilities.
- Founder of the US Figurenotes programs that feature rock bands for musicians with disabilities.
- Graduate of prestigious music and special education programs at the University of Northern Colorado.
- Presentations on music for children with disabilities in 48 states and ten countries.
- Founder of the National Association for Music Education Children with Exceptionalities Special Research Interest Group.
- Former Chair of the International Society for Music Education Commission on Special Music Education and Music Therapy.