Teaching Music Online
The best way to learn something is to experience it yourself!
Introducing a three-week intensive course designed to help you create and prepare for your online music teaching. You’ll learn what you can and can’t do, the best tools to use to create and deliver your lessons and collaborate with other teachers to design and create curricular units and lesson plans that actually work online.
Who should take Teaching Music Online?
- being asked to teach online for the first time?
- confused by all the advice being shared?
- overwhelmed by the technology?
- wondering where you’ll find the time to actually teach music?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this course is for you.
What you get
Teaching Music Online is
- Authentic – Create lessons and materials you can use in your teaching right away
- Experiential – Six live interactive class meetings
demonstrating the best practices in online learning
- Practical – Real world solutions, for real world problems
- Functional – Identify and use the tools that work for you
All Musitex courses come with lifetime access.
- Current trend in online curriculum design and methodologies
- How to foster collaboration
- Evaluation of delivery methods
- Choosing and creating materials
- Implementation of the lessons
- Understanding the student experience
BONUS: Free one year unlimited support and lifetime forum access
What Others Say…
“I found the course very helpful in discovering new programs and apps to help me with my online teaching, especially Zoom and Google Classroom. I feel more confident now in having to teach online. Thank you.”
“They [the tutors] were inspiring and provided a human perspective to their teaching.”
“I appreciated the generosity and support for technical issues immediately and the offer of help into the future.”
“My immediate issues were sorting out my choirs on Zoom (sorry to say!!) and this really sorted that as far as I can take it given the technology.”
“I found the course gave me the confidence to use technology that I usually shy away from.”
Regular tuition is $99,
LIMITED TIME OFFER
Use the coupon code MUSICEDUK on checkout
Need More Help?
Two new workshops to help solve your tech problems
Audio for Online Learning
Video for Online Learning
Hands-on training to take your sound and video to the next level
Add either workshop
for $39 each.
Or take all three,
the course and both workshops
for only $99.
Dr. George Hess
George Hess is an educator, author, performer and composer with over 40 years of professional experience with over 25 years as professor of music at major universities.
- Author of Create Music with Notion: Notation for the Busy Musician (2015, Hal Leonard)
- Professor of Music at Central Michigan University and the National University of Singapore
- Apple Distinguished Educator
- Award-winning educator in jazz, technology, theory and pedagogy
- Graduate of prestigious jazz programs at Berklee and Northern Colorado
- Producer of MuseScore in Minutes video series
- Groove 3 video library producer
- Performances with the Osmonds, Myron Floren, Ryo Kawasaki, Jim Nabors
- Over 100 clinics and workshops presented on four continents.
Independent Media Engineer, Boyd Multiple Media Services
Work in audio has been a significant portion of Christopher’s livelihood for over 25 years. After a parallel full time career in retail IT and accounting, Mr. Boyd has transitioned to the full time gig economy as a music technologist. Specializing in primarily classical live location recording, his additional work as an event MC, DJ, and live sound engineer has given him experience in a wide range of genres:
- M.S. in Music Technology from Indiana University (IUPUI)
- B.Mus. in Music Education from Westminster College (New Wilmington, PA)
- Independent Media Engineer & Music Technologist
- University of Pittsburgh Department Of Music Contract – Recording and Live Sound
- Pittsburgh Concert Audio – Live Sound Engineer
- Active in the Association of Technology in Music Instruction (ATMI)
- Specializing in Classical Location Recording
- Live Streaming Programs for Concerts and Events